Bremerhaven (130.000 inhabitants), at the mouth of the Weser, is the harbor of the city of Bremen. It is the
second harbor of the country after Hamburg.
Here are the Tecklenborg shipyards who built a part of the Ferdinand Laeisz fleet, notably the last four-master, the Padua, in 1926.
There is the German Maritime Museum (4), with numerous relics from the Pamir.
In 1939, Bremerhaven and Geestemünde merged to
become Wesermünde, a name released in 1945.
It is a commercial, financial and industrial centre.
Old city monuments, with the gothic cathedral and the City Hall (XVth-XVIIth c.). Museums, with the Kunsthalle (large painting galerie) and the Uberseemuseum (overseas civilisations).
The Pamir loaded there in 1952 and 1956, bound for her south american voyages.
Bremen, 1952 © (5)
The Weser valley
The voyages of the Pamir
The harbors of the Pamir